Welcome to FJA! 😊
We’re home to a tribe of Dream Makers!
Below are the most Frequently Asked Questions of the Financial Joy Academy (FJA) Membership.
We’d love you to join and want to answer your questions in advance to ensure that you fully understand what FJA is about and for you to decide if you’re the right fit.
Before diving in, here are some high level thoughts on the type of person that we believe is ideal for our programme here at FJA:
FJA is ideal for you if 😍:
- Your core goal is to accelerate your journey to Financial Independence through ongoing mentoring, group coaching and financial education directly from us.
- You’ll commit at least 1 – 2 hours per day of your time to take action (e.g. explore side hustles, develop yourself, etc), and do the work towards achieving your goals.
- You’re going to get involved in engaging with our mastermind community of fellow Dream Makers on Facebook each week.
- You’re thinking medium to long term and not expecting magical results in one month.
- You’re willing to be kept accountable through Accountability Partnerships, goal setting, etc.
- You’re going to ask questions, seek answers and apply your learning to gradually deliver on your Financial Independence Strategy and Objectives, which you’ll set at FJA.
- You’re interested in building a genuine relationship with us and with other Dream Makers over time.
- You understand that wealth building happens through the application of process and patience over time.
FJA is NOT ideal for you if 🤨:
- You’re joining to experiment and browse our courses for 1 month or so. With all due respect, please don’t join.
- You’re not willing to join our community of Dream Makers on Facebook.
- You simply want to hang around and hide in the background.
- You expect one-to-one coaching.
- You don’t see FJA as an investment for your future.
- You’re impatient and looking for a get rich quick programme.
- You’re looking for regulated “Financial Advice”. We offer guidance and life changing Financial Education to accelerate your journey to Financial Independence.
If you’re happy with the above, then please read on to learn more about what we do here at FJA.
NOTE: Kindly make sure you read each question below before joining FJA 🙏🏾:
Who Is Financial Joy Academy Created For?
FJA has been created to help our ‘Dream Makers’ achieve Financial Independence. We have a passion for the family unit and FJA is part of our core goal of helping 10,000 Families achieve Financial Independence this decade.
It is aimed at professional employees and self-employed (or business) people.
It can also appeal to a single person on the money journey, who is interested in achieving Financial Independence one day by using the many benefits of the membership as described below.
What Do You Get With A Financial Joy Academy Membership?
Below are the top benefits of joining the FJA Membership:
- You get Fortnightly Live Group Coaching from Ken and Mary Okoroafor aka The Humble Penny on Zoom. They’re Financially Independent and highly skilled and experienced and have helped many thousands on their journey so far. These sessions are “Ask Me Anything” sessions with questions submitted in advance within the FJA Dashboard 😀. We answer your question on the LIVE call. These Coaching Calls are recorded for replay.
- Insights as we do Weekly FB LIVES in the community to share important hacks that we’ve learned recently e.g. The importance of Visibility, Branding, etc. Or even to talk about topical things such as the current economic situation and tell members what decisions we’re making in our personal lives to thrive. We also use these FB Lives to answer specific member questions.
- Access to ALL Courses (present and future) and accompanying Action Plans.
- Access to Monthly Expert Masterclasses covering niche subject areas such as online business ideas (Blogging, YouTubing, Personal Branding, etc), property investing, digital marketing, Investing Strategies, etc. In addition, Expert Action Plans.
- Access to our supportive Private ‘Dream Maker’ Community of like minded people from diverse backgrounds, who are all working together to achieve Financial Independence. Community is at the heart of FJA. Members also actively share their expertise in areas such as Website building, Law (e.g. Trademarks), Property Investing (HMO, Rent to Rent, etc) , Online Business (e.g. Amazon FBA, eBay), etc.
- Get Networking benefits through personal interactions online and offline with other community members. Build real relationships with others who will help you grow.
- Get ongoing Practical Accountability through our member pairings to inspire and motivate each other. Other forms of accountability also come from our Quarterly Progress Reports, 5 a.m. Breakfast Club (Virtual co-working space for side hustlers); Financial Joy Challenges, designed to encourage members to work together to achieve a specific goal over a period of time; setting weekly accountability goals in the community, etc.
- Get Ongoing Motivation and Inspiration from a truly unique and talented community of people with the right heart to help you succeed. This community is focused on growth, taking action, fun and support without judgement.
- You get the opportunity of a one-to-one private call with Ken and/or Mary if you need to get unstuck after exhausting other ways of getting your answers through the community. This is not a guaranteed addition to your membership but is available to Annual Members on the odd occasion 😊.
How Much Does Financial Joy Academy Cost?
There are 2 payment plans to offer more value:
- £47 per month*
- £39.16 per month* (£470 charged annually – equivalent to just under £40 per month over 12 months. With annual pricing, you get 2 months free and only pay for the equivalent of 10 months. This saves you £94 annually (£47 x 12 months less £470).
You pay a monthly or annual fee until you choose to cancel your membership. No Direct Debits are necessary to be set up too!
*Note that prices above exclude VAT (Value Added Tax) paid to the UK government
Will I Get Access To ALL Courses If I Become A Member?
Yes. You will get immediate access to all existing courses and can go through the courses whenever you want at your own pace 😀.
ALL Courses and Masterclasses are Video based.
One new course and one new Masterclass is added each month based on the needs of the members.
What Types Of Courses Are Offered In The Academy?
Examples of LIVE Courses include:
- Investing For Beginners: Wealth Foundations (8 lessons + Action Plans)
- Investing In Stocks (21 lessons + Action Plans)
- Dividend Income Investing (11 lessons + Action Plans)
- Investing In Index Funds and ETFs (13 lessons + Action Plans)
- Investing For Children: Make Your Child A Millionaire (8 lessons + Action Plans)
- Investing For Beginners: Wealth Foundations (5 Lessons + Action Plans)
- Financial Independence: Understand Where You Are (4 Lessons + Action Plans)
- Financial Independence: Money Mindset (8 Lessons + Action Plans)
- Financial Independence: Setting Your Money Goal (4 Lessons + Action Plans)
- Financial Independence: Plan Your Route (8 Lessons + Action Plans)
A new course is added each month.
Examples of LIVE Masterclasses include:
- Property Investing (HMO Strategy) with Experts Rob & Sarah Geragthy
- Property Investing (HMO Strategy) with Experts Prabdeep & Indy Hothi
- Financial Independence Success & Hacks as a family man (3 kids) with Barney Whiter (aka The Escape Artist)
- Financial Independence Success & Hacks as a Self-employed Entrepreneur with Alan Donegan (Co-Founder of Pop-Up Business School)
- Financial Independence Success & Hacks as a Beginner and Newly Married couple with Vanessa Dirwai.
- Financial Independence Success & Hacks as a 6-Figure Blogger With Sara Trezzi (Founder of Gathering Dreams)
A new Masterclass is added each month.
Courses at that are Work In progress and currently being discussed in the Community via Q&A:
- Starting Side Hustles
- Blog Launch & Monetisation
- YouTube Channel Launch
- Amazon FBA
- eBay Business
- Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers
- Building Confidence
- Money Mindset Series
- Creating a Brand
- Property Investing Strategies
- Small Business Series
- Career Success Coaching
- Debt Free Strategies
Courses are continually being added to the academy driven by the needs of members. We have courses titles available to be added for the next 24 months.
Will All Courses Be Available To Me Immediately? Or Are They Drip Fed One After The Other?
Courses are available immediately as you become a member. They are not drip fed and can be enjoyed at your convenience without any restrictions.
Are The Courses Self-Paced At My Own Convenience?
Yes. The pre-recorded courses are available for you to learn from at your convenience and pace. We highly recommend calendar blocking some time to attend these individual courses.
We have also kept them short enough with a focus on Actions Plans.
Live Coaching Calls are also recorded (and Time Stamped) and are available for you to learn from in the academy at your own pace and convenience.
Will I Get Access To A Facebook Community If I Become A Member?
Yes! This is one of the best benefits of FJA Membership. We have created a supportive community for our Dream Makers here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FinancialJoyAcademy/
This is a Private Mastermind Community for ONLY FJA Members 😎.
What Makes Your Courses Special Compared To Online Resources I Can Find For Free?
Our courses are created from a lot of practical experience as people who have ACTUALLY achieved Financial Independence.
We also have a lot of formal experience of many aspect of business, investing, making money, etc:
Ken Okoroafor is a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ICAEW) and has been qualified for 14 years. He holds an MBA from the University of Cambridge (Judge Business School). He had been part of entrepreneurial teams for a decade and spent over 12 years in the Investment Business in the UK. He is an investor of his own money and has created and sold businesses with family members as well as in his professional capacity. Ken was an Executive (Chief Financial Officer) for years, and operated at a high level in the Investment Management Industry in the UK.
He has a lot of practical life experiences and loves teaching. He not only has strong technical ability, but he is also highly down to earth and can relate to people from a variety of backgrounds.
FJA courses are also co-created with guest experts through our networks, and these become Masterclasses. Such experts are carefully selected to ensure that we are adding considerable value to our community.
Mary Okoroafor is a creative and digital master with an understanding of technical issues that complement the knowledge, skill, experience and networks that Ken brings.
Ken and Mary also teach from experience as they both became Financially Independent aged 34 even with Ken starting life in the UK as a First Generation immigrant in the UK aged 14.
Plus their intentions for creating FJA are 100% for the community. We have been creating free content for years as seen on our blog and YouTube channel. FJA takes our content creation to a whole new level for those with a practical dream of becoming Financially Independent.
How Do I Get Direct Answers Specifically From Ken & Mary at FJA?
Below are the best ways to get an answer from us directly:
- Share a post in our Dream Makers community on Facebook and tag us. We’ll respond. This is available to you daily.
- Join us for our fortnightly Coaching Calls. Simply submit a specific and detailed question through your personalised FJA dashboard, and we’ll answer it on the LIVE call.
- You get a dedicated priority email address as a Dream Maker. You can write us an email and we’ll respond. Ken, Mary and the Community Manager check the inbox daily.
- Apply for a Dream Maker Case Study for your business, side hustle or project. We’ll show up and give you 1 full hour of our time, with insights to move your idea forward.
- Reach out to our Community Manager who has direct contact with us for urgent matters.
- If you’re an annual member, we may be available for a quick call to help you get unstuck if you have not been able to get an answer through the above means.
In short, we’re here for you, Dream Maker! 😊
Are Live Coaching Calls Recorded For Future Replays?
Yes. All live coaching calls and expert guest interviews are recorded and available in the member dashboard.
Will The Academy Teach Me How To Start Investing For My Children?
Yes, absolutely! As this membership is aimed at helping families achieve Financial Independence, we are not only concerned about your success, but those of your children.
How Many Lessons Do You Typically Have Per Course?
On average 7 – 8 lessons per course with a focus on specific Action Plans to take in order to apply your learning to get results.
Do I Need Any Specific Tools Or Resources Or Prior Knowledge To Begin As An Academy Member?
No. All you need is the willingness to take action and to see your membership of FJA as an important investment for your future.
What If I’m A Complete Beginner At Investing Or Side Hustles, etc?
We’ve got you covered. Many of our members at at point Zero of the Money Journey but they’re determined to take action and get help and achieve their goals.
We’re there to help them feel welcome and feel at home to ask questions they might not ordinarily ask in a typical Community where people get judged.
We pay attention to them and help them get started 😊.
Can I Access My Membership Benefits From Anywhere and On Any Device?
Yes. From any country and on any device. Our content is applicable even if you are outside the UK. We have an international audience although the majority of our members are currently from the UK.
Can I Join At Any Time?
Yes. No restrictions (for now).
Join here for Monthly Membership
Join here for Annual Membership
Can I Join Just For 1 Month and Cancel?
We HIGHLY recommend that you don’t join for 1 month. This is a nuisance for us from an admin perspective and we don’t want people with that mindset to join FJA. FJA is a Financial Independence focused programme for those thinking medium to long term.
So we prefer you don’t join if your plan is to just join for 1 month.
Are There Any Contracts Involved?
No. This is a hassle free membership. Join and cancel whenever you want.
Can I Share My Membership Login Details With Others ?
No. Your account will get locked out if you share your membership with others. FJA membership is for the specific member. New members can join at: https://FinancialJoyAcademy.com
We do make an exception for couples working on the same business. If they’re Annual Members of FJA AND run the same business, we allow both of them into the Community via their individual FB accounts.
What Is Your Refund Policy?
We do not offer refunds for our monthly or annual memberships.
Can I Cancel At Any Time?
Yes. No restrictions and no hassle. Cancel whenever you want.
You simply do this from within your private FJA Dashboard Menu.
If I Cancel My Membership, Will I Still Have Access To The Academy Courses, Coaching Calls, Community Benefits, etc?
No. As soon as you cancel your membership, you lose access to ALL member courses, masterclasses, coaching calls, community access, etc.
This is similar to a gym membership in that you no longer have access to a gym if you cancel your membership.
How Can I Cancel My Membership?
Simply head over to your private FJA Member Dashboard >> Go to “Your Info” >> “Cancel Membership”. Our team will immediately action your request. This would cancel your recurring payments too. You must do this at least 3 working days before your renewal is due.
How Can I Update FJA With New Bank Account Details?
Head to your private FJA Dashboard >> Login >> Click “Your Info” in the Menu >> Click on “Update Billing Info”